-
Jay Bradley/LehighValleyNews.comLehigh County District Attorney Gavin Holihan said Zach Cole-Borghi was one of 22 people taken into custody Thursday as part of an ongoing grand jury investigation. Cole-Borghi was arrested Thursday at his job at Bethlehem City Hall. A city official today said he is no longer employed by the city.
-
Donna S. Fisher/For LehighValleyNews.comState prosecutors took over four cases against former Allentown officer Jason Krasley. The Lehigh County District Attorney's Office will continue prosecuting Krasley on charges related to a 2019 theft.
-
Sgt. Evan Weaver and former Vice officer Jason Krasley are accused of sexually assaulting the same victim between 2011 and 2015.
-
Mayor Matt Tuerk called Allentown “one of the safest large cities” in Pennsylvania, citing statistics that show only Bethlehem has a lower per-capita violent-crime rate among cities with more than 50,000 residents.
-
Four people were victims of homicides in Allentown last year; 19 people were killed in homicides in 2023, according to data from the Lehigh County Coroner’s Office.
-
FOP Washington Lodge #17, representing Easton Police Department officers, announced the approval of a new four-year contract with the city, set to be settled with council on Wednesday, Jan. 8, 2025.
-
A man was carjacked at gunpoint Thursday after arranging a deal on Facebook Marketplace to sell shoes to two men, according to court documents.
-
The body of Jesse Rutt, of Walnutport, was discovered at 11:34 p.m. in the area of the Slate Heritage Trail in the 300 block of East Church Street.
-
Daniel Leibensperger, 34, of Emmaus, was charged Dec. 19, the day after after his girlfriend was stabbed, authorities said Tuesday in a news release. Leibensperger's body was found Dec. 26 in Allentown's Jordan Creek.
-
The body of an unidentified man was discovered Monday in the water of an underground quarry, the Lehigh County Coroner’s Office said.
-
Donations for 30 residents displaced can be made online or via mail (checks payable to UWGLV, 1110 American Parkway NE, Suite F-120, Allentown 18109 — attention “Cedar Street Fire Fund”).
-
Flames trapped a woman in the basement of her home, according to charges filed against Santos Mota-Ramirez. Police say he set the fire after trying to fatally stab another woman. The blaze affected seven row homes Thursday night and displaced 30 people.
-
An attempted-homicide charge against Ethan Bastien was upgraded to criminal homicide when Sian Cartagena died days after police allege he shot her.
-
Sian Cartagena’s death is the 16th homicide in Allentown this year and the second in less than two weeks, according to authorities.
-
State authorities will investigate the matter, and borough lawyers have been assigned to coordinate in the efforts.
-
A Northampton County judge handed down a five- to 10-year sentence for Christopher Ferrante, who was convicted of giving drugs to a former Pen Argyl wrestler shortly before his overdose death.
-
Pennsylvania State Police provided an inventory of items seized from the Railroad Street house where the bodies of 39-year-old Rosalyn Glass and her 16-year-old daughter Rianna were found Sept. 14.
-
A Berks County man convicted of homicide by vehicle in a fatal crash more than two years ago in Upper Macungie Township has been sentenced to 6 to 15 years in prison.
-
32 year-old Craig Michael Bingert was convicted for his role in the Jan. 6 attacks. He is sentenced to 96 months in prison, followed by supervised release, and a $2,000 fine.
-
Security officers searched multiple students Monday morning after finding them smoking in a bathroom during school hours, according to police.
-
The May shooting death of a man from Upper Mt. Bethel Township by his girlfriend was justified, prosecutors announced Tuesday.
-
Take a look at stories that ran throughout the week of which we are most proud, had a profound impact on readers or that you might want to look at again.
-
WLVR's Megan Frank talks with reporters Tom Shortell and Julian Abraham.
-
Allentown City Council on Wednesday moved a step closer to launching an investigation into claims of racism and discrimination at City Hall.