NOTICE TO CALIFORNIA RESIDENTS: This notice provides additional information and privacy options for California residents. Learn more about your options here.
Lehighvalleynews.com cares about protecting the privacy of children. If you are a parent or guardian, we encourage you to become involved in your children’s online experience, and to share your knowledge and experience with your young ones. If you are under 13, please do not register for our Services or provide us with any contact or other information, including your name, postal address, or email address. If you are between the ages of 13 and 18, you must obtain permission from your parent or guardian before registering for Lehighvalleynews.com Services or otherwise sending any contact or other information to Lehighvalleynews.com.
Information Collected Through Our Services
Information You Provide Directly Through Our Services
We and service providers working on our behalf will collect any information that you choose to provide directly through our Services, including your name, email address, postal address, telephone number, password, age, payment card information, country of residence, communications and content preferences, and Lehighvalleynews.com’s affiliates. For example, such information may be collected when you:
- Use Lehighvalleynews.com’s application programming interface (API) content access or any Lehighvalleynews.com email newsletter(s).
- Email, text or otherwise share a story from any of Lehighvalleynews.com.
- Contact us with a message.
- Post, upload, or otherwise submit to Lehighvalleynews.com a comment, story idea, essay, photo, or other content or user-generated material (“User Materials”).
- Register for a Lehighvalleynews.com event or any contest we sponsor.
- Apply for a job, internship, or fellowship at Lehighvalleynews.com.
- If you choose to participate in a survey, we may ask you to provide your date of birth, gender, education level, information about your employment, income level and other information.
Like other non-profit organizations, we also track donation activity on an individual basis. Accordingly, if you choose to donate to Lehighvalleynews.com through Lehighvalleynews.com Services, or express interest in or request information about making donations, we may keep a record of these contacts that includes your name, contact information and other information about your donation or inquiry.
We also may ask you to provide other information about yourself for various other purposes that we specify or make apparent at the time of collection.
Information Automatically Collected
Through Technology We, our service providers, and our vendors working on our behalf automatically collect certain information about your computer or device and your interactions with our Services through access logs, cookies, pixel tags and other tracking technologies. Depending on which Lehighvalleynews.com Services you use and how you access them, the information collected automatically may include:
- The Internet Protocol address (IP address) of your computer or device used to access Lehighvalleynews.com Services or play podcasts or other media content downloaded through our Services.
- The domain name of your Internet Service Provider.
- The website, application, platform, or service you visited before and after visiting a Lehighvalleynews.com Service.
- Search terms you enter using Lehighvalleynews.com Services or on a referring website.
- Your approximate geographic location information (derived from request header information, such as your IP address) and/or more precise information about the specific location of your device if you have given Lehighvalleynews.com explicit consent to receive this information for a Lehighvalleynews.com application on your mobile device.
- The make, model, carrier and unique device identifier for your mobile device, the unique advertising identifier (for example, Google Advertising ID) that allows mobile applications running on your mobile device to gather data for purposes of serving targeted advertising and other information about your computer or mobile device and its browser, operating system, settings, and software. If you have an iOS mobile device, we may collect the Apple IDFA (a unique advertising identifier) if you have given Lehighvalleynews.com consent to receive this information for a Lehighvalleynews.com mobile application on your device.
- The dates, times, duration, and frequency of your interactions with our Services.
- Your navigation path through Lehighvalleynews.com Services, including any "favorites" you select, and patterns in the paths you take.
- A list of files you download, listen to, view, email, text or otherwise share and other content preferences.
- The amount of time spent listening to or viewing media files or pages.
- Listening data collected both when you download and listen to media files. Listening data includes descriptions of the title, episodes, and segments included in a media file, time and date stamps for download and playback events (for example, when a file is downloaded and when playback of a particular segment starts, stops, is skipped or is paused), the unique advertising identifier for your mobile device (for example, Google Advertising ID), session IDs and information about the device or platform used to download or play a particular file. The producers of any independently produced media we distribute may also collect the same types of listening data subject to their own privacy policies, which may differ from ours.
- Information about your interactions with our email messages, such as links you click on and whether you open or forward a message, the date and time of these interactions, and information about the computer or device you use to read emails.
- Any errors you encountered during your use of our Services.
How We Use the Information We Collect
We and service providers and vendors working on our behalf collect and use information to provide you with a customized interactive experience and to make our Services more valuable to you. We also may use the information we collect for fundraising purposes to support our affiliates and our mission. Lehighvalleynews.com and service providers and vendors working on our behalf also may use the information collected through our Services:
- To manage, administer, deliver, and improve Lehighvalleynews.com Services.
- To respond to your questions or messages
- To provide you with personalized features and content, including content from affiliates that are associated with your account or located near you and other content that may be of interest to you.
- To publish, broadcast, attribute and otherwise use and license any User Materials you submit according to our Terms of Service.
- To offer you access to Lehighvalleynews.com tours, events, and travel programs.
- To process applications for jobs, internships, and fellowships at Lehighvalleynews.com.
- To process applications for volunteers for Lehighvalleynews.com.
- To manage contests you enter.
- To contact you for an online survey, or for other editorial purposes.
- To recognize you as the same user when you access our Services, content, and marketing messages using different computers, devices, and browsers, and to deliver our Services, content, and marketing messages to you on different computers, devices, and browsers.
- To save and "remember" your registration information, settings, and preferences so you do not have to re-enter this information each time you visit.
- With your consent where required by applicable law, to send you Lehighvalleynews.com email newsletters and other communications, including marketing, fundraising, membership, and other messages from Lehighvalleynews.com or our affiliates.
- To understand whether and when you read our email messages and click on links in those messages.
- To control the sequence and frequency of marketing messages you hear and see, control the platform on which you hear and see marketing messages, and tailor the content of those messages to your perceived interests.
- To conduct market or audience analysis and related reporting, including analysis to evaluate the performance of marketing messages.
- To help us measure and analyze user traffic and usage patterns and improve the quality and effectiveness of content, features, marketing messages and other communications.
- To prevent potentially prohibited or illegal activities, comply with applicable laws, and enforce our Terms of Service or other legal rights.
- To generate aggregate or other information that is not reasonably linkable to you, or your devices used to access our Services, and use and share that information for Lehighvalleynews.com’s purposes.
- In other ways and for other purposes that are described to you at the time we collect the information or for which we otherwise have your consent.
How We Disclose Information
Lehighvalleynews.com is committed to maintaining your trust. We want you to understand when and with whom we and service providers working on our behalf may share information about you that is collected through our Services.
Any User Materials you submit to firstname.lastname@example.org, social networking services or similar features can be seen, collected, and used by us and anyone else who has access to the applicable service. Such information is likely to become public and we cannot be responsible for any unauthorized third-party use. Any User Materials you submit may also be freely used and shared by Lehighvalleynews.com and its affiliates in accordance with our Terms of Service.
Authorized service providers and vendors.
Authorized third-party applications.
We may share any collected information in connection with a substantial corporate transaction, such as the sale of a Lehighvalleynews.com or division, a merger, a consolidation, an asset sale, or in the unlikely event of bankruptcy.
We and service providers working on our behalf may disclose any collected information to respond to subpoenas, court orders, legal process, and other law enforcement measures, and to comply with legal or regulatory obligations.
Protect our Services and user.
We and service providers working on our behalf may disclose any collected information to enforce our Terms of Service and to protect and defend the legal rights, interests, and safety of Lehighvalleynews.com, Lehighvalleynews.com’s affiliates, their respective employees, agents, contractors, sponsors, listeners and users, members of the general public, or others.
With your consent.
We and service providers working on our behalf may share any collected information when you expressly or implicitly consent to such disclosure. For example, if you use our Services to email or text a story to a friend, we would disclose your name to that friend together with the content you directed us to send.
Wireless carriers and automobile manufacturers.
Wireless carriers and automobile manufacturers also may collect contact and other information and precise location data from our mobile services users through processes we do not control. You should check the privacy policies of your wireless carriers and automobile manufacturers for additional information.
Aggregated and anonymous information.
Subject to applicable law and your opt-out choices described below, and as we deem appropriate, we may share with third parties or allow them to collect directly aggregated or other information that is not reasonably linkable to you or your device. These third parties may use such information pursuant to their own respective privacy policies, which we do not control. For example, we may share or authorize the collection of such information by our service providers or our vendors that help us analyze and improve our Services, provide us and other digital media organizations with ratings and ranking data, or help us to create personalized content. We may also share or authorize the collection of such information by sponsors or their agencies to help them measure the impact of their sponsorship campaigns.
You have the following choices to update, correct, and limit the collection and use of information gathered through our Services.
Don’t volunteer information.
Sign in to your Lehighvalleynews.com account or contact us to correct or update any registration information you provided to us or to cancel your Lehighvalleynews.com account or other Lehighvalleynews.com registrations. You can stop the delivery of marketing emails or email newsletters from Lehighvalleynews.com by following the unsubscribe instructions in any such email you receive or by contacting us. For your protection, we may only act on requests with respect to the registration data associated with the particular email address that you use to send us your request, and we may ask you to verify your identity before implementing your request. We will try to comply with your request as soon as reasonably practicable. We may need to retain certain information for recordkeeping purposes and/or to complete any transactions that you began prior to requesting a correction, update, or cancellation.
You have the option to set your browser to accept all cookies, reject all cookies, notify you when a cookie is set, or delete cookies. Each browser is different, so select the "Help" menu in your browser for instructions on how to use the relevant tools and settings. Note that if you disable or delete cookies, you may lose access to certain features of Lehighvalleynews.com Services. For additional information regarding the cookies used in Lehighvalleynews.com Services, read Lehighvalleynews.com ’s Statement Regarding Cookies and Other Tracking Technologies.
"Interest-based" marketing messages.
To opt out of receiving personalized or "interest-based" online marketing messages from our service providers, our vendors, and other participating companies, visit https://optout.aboutads.info. For information about controlling the collection of cross-app data from your mobile device for personalized or "interest-based" advertising, visit http://youradchoices.com/appchoices. UK users, European Economic Area (EEA) users and Swiss users can learn more and access opt-out tools from http://www.youronlinechoices.eu/. You also may press the button below (at the bottom of this section) to opt out of the sharing of your information with our sponsorship vendor Google for delivery of "interest-based" marketing messages on lehighvalleynews.com. If you opt out, Google may continue to serve you non-personalized, non-"interest-based" and marketing messages on lehighvalleynews.com. Google also offers opt-out features to limit the use of your information for "interest-based" marketing messages at https://adssettings.google.com/.
You also may adjust the settings on your device. For iOS mobile devices, go to "Settings" from your device’s home screen, scroll down to find and select "Privacy", and then select "Tracking" to adjust tracking permission. For Android mobile devices, go to "Google Settings" on your device, select "Ads"; and check the box labeled "Opt Out of Interest-Based Ads" or "Opt Out of Ads Personalization." (Please note these settings allow you to opt out of interest-based messages for all applications, not just Lehighvalleynews.com’s mobile applications. These device settings options may change in the future or otherwise may differ for certain devices; consult your device manufacturer’s support literature for the most current information.)
You can block lehighvalleynews.com and our other sites from setting cookies used for "interest-based" marketing messages by using browsers or browser plugins with privacy features.
Note that if you opt out, you may still receive the same number of marketing messages as before, but they may not be as relevant to your interests. Opting out of third-party "interest-based" marketing messages and opting out of sharing of your information with our sponsorship vendor Google for delivery of "interest-based" marketing messages on lehighvalleynews.com by pressing the opt-out button below, is a cookie-based process and will only affect the specific computer, device, and browser on which your opt-out choice is applied. If you subsequently delete your browser cookies or if your browser cookies expire, you will need to opt out again. For more information about opting out of "interest-based" messages, visit https://youradchoices.com/control.
To opt out of the sharing of your information with our vendor Google for delivery of "interest-based" marketing messages on lehighvalleynews.com (as described above), visit this link.
To opt out of the sharing of your information with our newsletter sponsorship vendor for delivery of "interest-based" marketing messages through our email newsletters, please contact us or email us at email@example.com.
Precise location information.
If you consent to our collection of your precise device location through a Lehighvalleynews.com mobile application, you can withdraw your consent at any time and prevent the further collection of your precise location by accessing the privacy settings of your mobile device and/or the settings of Lehighvalleynews.com mobile application.
Do Not Track
Links to and from Other Sites and Services
Our Services contain links to other sites, applications, platforms, and services operated by third parties whose privacy policies we don’t control and may differ significantly from ours. For instance, clicking or tapping on a marketing message or some third-party logos on Lehighvalleynews.com will take you to an entirely different site or service that may collect, use, and share information in ways that Lehighvalleynews.com would not. You also may access Lehighvalleynews.com content and Lehighvalleynews.com Services from a third-party site or service that may collect, use, and share information in ways that Lehighvalleynews.com would not. Lehighvalleynews.com is not responsible for the content or privacy practices of these third-party services, and we recommend that you familiarize yourself with the privacy policies of any such sites or services you visit or access.
Social Networking Services Sign-in and Sharing Tools
Users Outside the U.S.
NOTICE TO CALIFORNIA RESIDENTS:
In this notice, Lehighvalleynews.com is providing additional information and choices to California residents. We are providing this information voluntarily. The law that requires additional notice – the California Consumer Privacy Act of 2018 (”CCPA”) – does not apply to non-profit entities like Lehighvalleynews.com.
Personal Information that We Collect, Use and Share
The chart below describes how we currently collect, use and share personal information, and how we have collected used and shared the information in the preceding 12 months. Information you voluntarily provide to us, such as when you contact us, may contain other categories of personal information.
Your California Privacy Choices
We offer California residents the ability to make the requests listed below. However, in certain circumstances we may decline your request, including, but not limited to, circumstances where fulfilling a request may interfere with the exercise of freedom of speech or freedom of the press, journalistic activities, or other rights provided under other applicable laws. If we deny your request, we will communicate our decision to you. You will not be penalized for making a request.
- Information. You can request information about how we have collected, used, and shared your personal information during the past 12 months. We have also made this information available to California residents without having to request it by including it in this notice, in the above chart.
- Access. You can request a copy of the personal information that we maintain about you.
- Deletion. You can ask us to delete the personal information that we collected or maintain about you.
- List of Third Party Marketers. Under California’s Shine the Light law, Lehighvalleynews.com users who are California residents may request a notice identifying the categories of personal information that we share with third parties for their own direct marketing purposes, and such third parties’ contact information.
How to Submit a Request
- To request access to or deletion of personal information:
- Identity verification. We will need to confirm your identity and California residency to provide a substantive response to your request.
- Authorized agents. California residents can empower an "authorized agent" to submit requests on their behalf. We will require the authorized agent to have a written authorization confirming that authority.
Notice of Your Right to Opt-Out of Sale of Personal Information
Lehighvalleynews.com does not sell personal information of its readers as the term “sell” is traditionally understood. But “sell” under the CCPA is broadly defined. It includes the sharing of personal information with third parties in exchange for something of value, even if no money changes hands. For example, sharing an advertising or device identifier to a third party may be considered a “sale” under the CCPA.
To the extent Lehighvalleynews.com “sells” your personal information (as the term “sell” is defined under the CCPA), you have the right to opt-out of that “sale” on a going-forward basis at any time.
If your browser or device is using a “do not track” setting, we will detect it and honor it on that specific browser or device only. If you wish to have a “do not track” experience across all of your browsers and devices, please make sure that all of your browsers and devices are set on “do not track.“
After you opt out of the “sale” of your personal information, we will no longer “sell” your personal information to third parties (except in an aggregated or de-identified manner so it is no longer personal information), but we will continue to share your personal information with our service providers, which process it on our behalf. Exercising your right to opt out of the “sale” of your personal information does not mean that you will stop seeing ads on our sites and apps.
You can designate someone else to make a request on your behalf. To protect your information, we will ask for a signed permission from you authorizing the other person to submit a request on your behalf. We will contact you to verify your identity before we respond to your authorized agent’s request.
After 12 months, we may ask you if you want to opt into the “sale” of your personal information.